Capsule Wardrobe: How Many Outfits Can You Make Out of 12 Items?
Building a Capsule Wardrobe for Women
The answer lies in your creativity.
I found 12 classic pieces of clothing I felt would make a great start to creating business capsule wardrobe. I also kept a color theme of just three colors: red, white, and black (okay, the jeans are blue!) for the women’s capsule. Building your base wardrobe around classic pieces and a color theme makes it easy for you to shop and also mix and match. I always say start with three colors first when building your wardrobe. Then as you advance, you can add in more pattern and a few other colors. So let’s see this in action now!
The 12-Piece Women’s Capsule Wardrobe
- Sleeveless Blouse – White House Black Market
- Short-sleeve Chiffon Blouse – Hugo Boss
- Relaxed-fit T-shirt with Silk Front – Hugo Boss
- Regular-fit Tailored Blouse in Stretch Cotton Poplin – Hugo Boss
- Silk Blend Blouse with Gathered Neck – Hugo Boss
- Regular Fit Jacket in Portuguese Twill with Buttoned Cuff – Hugo Boss
- Madison Cardigan – Cabi
- Regular-fit high-waisted skirt with layered front – Hugo Boss
- Regular-fit pants in Portuguese Double-faced Fabric – Hugo Boss
- Relaxed-fit pants with Elastic Waist and Side Stripe – Hugo Boss
- Straight-leg Jeans – Tory Burch
- Slim-fit Dress with Rear Cut-out Detail – Hugo Boss
I know you are on the edge of your seat waiting to find out just how many outfits you can make out of these 12 items! Is the answer 30? Is the answer 60? Warning! Math problem alert! I placed a number to the right of each section of the total number of outfits created for that section. Below you will see the variations I created. I did add in a belt for fun. So just think of how these basic outfits can look even better by adding accessories such as jewelry, scarves, hats, handbags, and shoes!
So here is the final answer of how many outfits you can make out of just 12 pieces: 91 outfits!