Have you been putting your fragrance in the wrong place?
Ah, it’s February and love is in the air. With that comes the thought of Valentine’s gifts and romance.
Our sense of smell heightens our romance. But let’s be real. Perfumes and colognes can be expensive. They are similar to investment pieces that you have in your wardrobe. In fact, they can become part of your signature style. People experience you via the five senses. How you smell and the linger of your signature scent can make an impact on what others think about you.
So to get the most out of your investment, I wanted to share with you the best places to apply your fragrance to make it last and to be memorable. There are pulse points on our bodies. Pulse points are warmer spots on our body that is said to help emit a fragrance when they heat up. Research is contradictory on this fact.
Exactly Where to Place Your Fragrance
I did my research to find out the top spots to place fragrance. Here is what I found. Working our way from the top of your body down, here is where to put your fragrance:
- Hair – The scent will attach to not only hair fibers, but also to any product you have placed in your hair. The easiest way to place in your hair is to spray it onto a comb or brush and then run it through your hair. Please know that most fragrances contain alcohol and can be drying to your hair, so be careful not to use a lot of it and do not spray directly onto your hair.
- Ears – Place behind the ears. This is a pulse point on the body and exudes heat which amplifies any fragrance.
- Neck and Collarbone – Need I say more?
- Inside your Elbows – What?! It’s true, the inside of your elbows are a pulse point.
- Wrists – Another pulse point on the body. This is a traditional area where we are all taught to place fragrance. We also tend to talk with our hands so this helps move the fragrance around.
- Belly button area – Need I say more?
- Behind your knees – This is a great area to place fragrance in the warmer months. Similar to the inside of your elbows, the back of your knees are warmer and will emit a fragrance nicely.
- On your ankles and calves – Because you may as well carry your fragrance all the way down your body.
Another tip is to apply lotion first to the area you want to place scent. That helps the scent adhere to your body.
Perfume types vary and each one has their own use.
- Parfum – highest in concentration and most expensive, lasts the longest at 6-8 hours.
- Eau de Parfum – next highest concentration, last 4-5 hours.
- Eau de Toilette – one of the most popular types, lasts 2-3 hours.
- Eau de Cologne – tends to be cheaper in price, lasts up to 2 hours.
Top Fragrances for 2019
Men, here is a list of the Top 6 men’s colognes for Spring 2019.
Women, here is he list of the Top women’s fragrances for 2019.
Who knew the placement of scent was so strategic? I hope these tips help you make a lasting impression and I wish you all much love on Valentine’s Day and beyond!
P.S. My favorite two fragrances that I wear are Lollia by Margot Elena: In Love No. 09 or Victoria’s Secret Love Spell. Hint! Hint!